It used to be that behind every great man was a great woman and this may still be true but it seems more and more common that behind every great man is a very talented porn star.
“I want to jerk off. But that’s not why I do it. I do it because I need to.” ~ Mark Hanna, The Wolf of Wall Street
Mia Khalifa recently made international headlines by starring in a controversial porno in which she wore a hijab. After the scene became renowned her ranking in the industry was blustered to the top spot on PornHub and she now enjoys quite a bit more money plus endorsements. And the adoration of millions of men and women worldwide.
Khalifa has over one million Instagram followers and half a million twitter followers. Let me just remind you that Tony Abbott the prime minister of Australia has less than that. So what does it take these day to be an ‘Icon’, do you have to rent your body out for the pleasure of others? Hell no! But the worldwide consumerist community is now welcoming people of this ilk into the very sort after position of fame.
This gal has had a song written about her and a DM from Drake himself. How many of you can claim that? She has risen to the top of her particular ladder and is still climbing. Her stardom is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with much like that of Kim Kardashian’s rise to fame. I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot more (not literally) of this rising star.
Now I’m not writing this to weigh in on her morals or that of consumerism but to quietly mention that in 2006 the US economy received a 13 billion dollar injection from the porn industry and that number is growing everyday. I’m reaching out to the new women of this era, embrace the new and exiting and when a new Icon is coping a lot of unnecessary slack extend an olive branch and help that gal out; even if you don’t agree with her occupation.
In the current day men and women with questionable careers are excluded and shunned by women. Wtf? You ladies should be grateful because these are the men and women that take over when your man is feeling it but you’re not. They are there for you 24/7 doing the icky stuff that very few people want to do. They don’t shun you and they definitely don’t exclude you, so why don’t you extend the courtesy?
I’m not saying go watch some porn, because that is definitely not what I’m saying. I’m saying that these people just like Mia Khalifa are quickly becoming icons and you should bloody well welcome them because soon enough they will have the upper hand.
While I may not buy that many things due to constrictions of currency, I do enjoy the window shopping equivalent and after a while you gain a inner circle of you faves. I have quite a list. This is list is not confined to fashion but all things only for sale. And just for future reference this is not in any order.
This dress is from shopKoba and is only $32.
These boots from City Beach Online have been on my radar for quite some time and I love love love them!
Soap might not what you would be expecting to see on this list my I have and open head and heart. This Filthy Amigo Soap, Pussy Galore flavour is only 5 bucks!
Fresher Than You – Beyonce Apparel $35
And now children begins my section especially for mugs. They are all I want in the world.
My obsession with pop culture references is bursting with happiness at the sight of this Gilmore Girls mug on etsy.
The J.R.R Tolkien Hobbit cover mug is a must even if you didn’t read the book. Just look how pretty it is!
Penguin Books The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford Mug – $15
Hayao Miyazaki himself would be proud of this mug.
Yes, yes it is. Lionel Richie’s face on a mug what else? This mug is another one from etsy and only $14. Wot?
This is the cream of the mother flippin’ crop. When you put a hot liquid in the mug it changes from a drowsy not with it face to a hopped up ready for the world face. The ‘Wake Up‘ mug is my personal pick.
I know I have already done a vegan pancakes recipe, but that was banana pancakes and these are blueberry – very different. The ingredients in this recipe are different than those used in the photo at the bottom of the post and for one very good reason, the ingredients I had in the house were gross. Ew. Soooo if your pancakes don’t look the same as mine its probably a good thing. Ingredients:
- 1 cup of plain all purpose flour
- 2/3 of a cup of soy milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon of egg replacement
- A couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 a pun net of Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Butter
- Put the egg replacement into a large bowl.
- Add the soy milk and mix.
- Slowly pour the flour in the mixture and combine.
- Add both the blueberries and vanilla extract and mix.
- Place a non-stick fry pan on a heat and add the coconut butter to the pan.
- When the butter in in a liquid state, add some of the mixture.
- Wait until bubbles have formed in the pancake and then flip.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 until all the batter is gone.
- Serve with lemon juice, raw cane sugar and flaked almonds.
Before you ask, no I am not talking about a really lady, or actually any type of lady at all. I’m talking about the injustice served to the public when Selfie was cancelled. Mostly I understand when a show is cancelled but this to me is the most stupid thing possible, Selfie had just the right mix of current and to the point pop culture jokes and honest criticisms of that culture.
How many times can a show make you love and laugh at the same thing at the same time? I don’t know. But you can be very sure that I damn well want it back. After the cancellation on episode 6 by abc the remaining episodes were streamed on hulu for those who couldn’t deal with its unlikely demise. After finishing the series on Project Free Tv I was forced to concede that there will be no season two, but then as the moon rose over the east, I searched in Google “Selfie season 2” and lo and behold (no sorry there isn’t a season 2) that there was a petition, with a fair amount of signatures, trying to rekindle the show.
They need 100,000 signatures and are over half way there with 50,295. This is me, asking you, to sign this petition, to save this blessed show. Please will you? Here is a link to the petition.
P.s The top 3 best Selfie Episodes:
- Stick In the Mud
- Never Block Cookies
The title is admittedly a but iffy, but with the right Wiggles tune and a few more syllables the reference sounds about right (Fruit salad, yummy yummy if you were wondering). But anyway back to the stir fry itself, dinners in my house before I decided to go vegan were a meat centred plate. The inspiration for dinners after that seemed to just be the steamed veggie side, and so I turned to the asian goddess of stir fry. Without further ado here is my recipe for vegan stir fry (most stir fries are vegan anyway).
- 2 small Carrots or 1 large Carrots sliced
- 1/4 of a Capsicum chopped into strips
- 1 Bok Choy roughly chopped
- 1/2 a Zucchini cut into slivers
- 1/6 of a large Aubergine sliced length wise
- 1 Head of Broccoli cut into little trees
- 4 medium sized Mushrooms sliced
- 2 serves of Kan Tong Wok Ready Noodles
- 1 1/2 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs of Tamari (you can use normal soy sauce if you want)
- Tofu (Optional)
- Add half of the olive oil in the wok and add the carrot, broccoli and bok choy. You should add the tofu now if you are using it.
- When the oil is bubbly add the rest of the vegetables and stir.
- Add the rest of the olive oil on top.
- When you can see that the aubergine and zucchini is soft and looks more like noodles add the noodles.
- Add Tamari.
- Give a quick stir again and then serve.
- Enjoy 🙂 .
This is one of my all time smoothie faves and its vegan! So even better. Another of my newest breakfast ideas and quite frankly I love it.
- 2 Frozen Mango cheeks
- 2 Bananas
- The Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 1/4 Cups of Coconut Water
Making a smoothie is pretty simple, just put all the ingredients into a blender and wait until your smoothie is um, smooth.
Being a new vegan most of my meals are hard to think of because I am so used to being able to use milk and eggs in my non toast/cereal breakfasts, so in light of that I made some vegan pancakes that I love love love.
- 1 Cup of Soy Milk
- I tbs of Peanut Butter (I make my own)
- 1 Large Banana
- 1 Cup of Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 a tsp of Cinnamon(Optional)
- 1/2 a tsp of Vanilla Sugar (Optional)
- 1-2 Medjool Dates (Optional)
- Mash the banana in a small bowl.
- Combine the flour, soy milk, mashed banana and peanut butter.
- Put a medium fry pan on a medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla sugar to the mixture and lightly whisk.
- Now that the fry pan and oil is hot, pour some of the mixture in. Flip the pancake when bubbles appear.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture until its all gone.
- Serve with roughly chopped dates and maple syrup.